A New Year...A New Beginning

Welcome to our new "Blakemore Blog" Page. We want to record and share this year with all of our friends and family! Our hearts desire is to look back at this year with a smile and an encouraging sense of accomplishment!

May God Bless you and yours!

Love,
The Blakemore's

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This isn't life in the FAST LANE, its life in the ONCOMING TRAFFIC!

As we all know (well close friends and family) that we have been through alot of stress and trials this past year. We have two custody cases as well as everyday life that tries to get us down.
There are a couple of things that have happened that have really bothered me. I try the whole "kill them with kindness" and "be like a duck and just let it roll off". But sometimes enough is just enough!


The fact that Eric and I are going above and beyond and doing EVERYTHING that we have been asked to do...especially for the people that don't deserve it...and what do we get? We get attitude, snotty comments, and dirty looks!!! Have they not heard..."don't bite that hand that feeds you"???
AMEN!!!
My Dad made a comment while talking about all of this that cracked me up...
"I think ya'll are doing the right thing. As the old saying goes, what comes around goes around. I just wish it would hurry up and come around, lol."
We can be just as ugly to them and make everything just as hard! But no...we are trying our HARDEST to be civil and to handle everything as GROWN adults! Why don't we get the same courtesy? There are two sides to every story and sometimes...well all the time...the "other end" aren't open minded to the fact that THEY are the ones that put themselves in this position and we are the ones that are trying to clean it up and "fix it".


From my Facebook...
"I hate waking up in the middle of the night thinking about stuff that honestly bugged me the day before and tried to act like it didn't"
My Dad commented:
"I know how you feel! I think you have just explained my life. I saw a post yesterday about worrying. It said, worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair. It keeps you busy, but gets you no where."
And then my cousin Aundrea so lovely said:
"I battle with things on a daily basis. What I have learned is that we need to make a commitment not to let fear and worry take control over us. When you wake up like that do what John in the Bible advises us to do call out to Christ and say, I am a child of God. The evil one cannot touch me. He will instantly help you and keep those thoughts from bothering you!! Love you dear! All will work out."
We can only continue to pray and continue to be adults and civil about this all, even though it is so hard and exhausting! As a family we will stick together and continue to turn to God for strength!

Another thing that has been bothering me...or worrying me is Hudson and his development and his birth defect. Eric and I saw two young babies already walking...and walking pretty well. We knew that when we met with the Neurologist and he told us that he may have some developmental struggles and walking was one of the possible trials that Hudson would have to overcome. Its hard as a parent because you want the best for you children! We know that everything will be okay...it's just the what ifs. We also know that once Hudson gets his contacts it could also help him! He sure is a blessing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment